Please be advised that you must meet the following eligibility requirements (which may be changed at any time by The Shot producers in its sole discretion) (collectively, the “Eligibility Requirements”) in order to proceed with the application process and to participate in The Shot:
- This contest is open to solo artists only. Singers can be of any genre.
- Group acts, bands and duets are not permitted. Accompaniment is not permitted.
- Entrants must be at least sixteen (16) years of age by the date of registration. All applicants who meet this criterion, including all persons significantly older than sixteen (16) years of age, are welcome and encouraged to apply to be an Entrant. All Entrants younger than eighteen (18) years of age who appear in front of the judges must have a signed parent/guardian consent form.
- Entrants shall be required to pay a one-time, non-refundable administration fee of $10.00 CAD for video auditions or $20.00 CAD for live auditions. No other fees shall be requested or required.
- Entrants shall not be required to sell or promote items associated with the contest.
- Parents, guardians or guests accompanying Entrants will not be permitted to join, observe, or participate in any closed sessions including but not limited to auditions, callbacks and bootcamp unless otherwise invited or requested by The Shot staff.
- Accommodation, travel or other expenses incurred by the Entrant shall not be reimbursed by The Shot or the producer and shall be at the sole expense of the Entrant.
- Entrants who have participated in previous seasons of The Shot and have advanced to the top four are not permitted to participate in a consecutive season of the program but may return to audition for seasons that follow (i.e. top four finalists from Season 2 cannot participate in Season 3 but can participate in Season 4).
- Past winners may not participate in the program a second time.
- Entrants will have ninety (90) seconds to audition for The Shot judges. Judges may, at their discretion, stop an audition at any time. Entrants require four (4) “yes” votes from the judges in order to advance from the auditions to the callbacks round.
- Entrants who move on passed the auditions stage of the contest must attend the callbacks round and any subsequent events or required processes. If an Entrant passes the auditions but is unable to attend callbacks, the Entrant will be immediately disqualified from the competition and their spot will be given to another Entrant.
- Entrants who move on passed the callbacks stage of the contest must attend the bootcamp round and any subsequent events or required processes. If an Entrant passes the callbacks but is unable to attend bootcamp, the Entrant will be immediately disqualified from the competition and their spot will be given to another Entrant.
- Entrants may perform a cover or original song for their audition only. Original songs must be their own and the artist must be the sole writer of the song.
- Entrants are not permitted to perform an original song beyond the audition process.
- Instruments are not permitted in the audition.
- There will be one grand prize winner. The Entrant will be declared the winner by having the most number of votes by the audience at the The Shot finale on the date designated by the organizers. Pooling of audience votes may include live audience voting, use of an application or another collection technique as designated by the organizers.
- Lyrics of original music or lyrics to covers must not include or contain any material that is obscene, offensive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening or abusive, content that is otherwise objectionable or would be deemed inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by The Shot producers in its sole discretion. The Shot reserves the right to disqualify any entries that contain the elements previously described.
- All decisions made by The Shot judges or producers with respect to the acceptance of any entry and eligibility of entries shall be final and binding. The Shot reserves the right to extend the deadline of the competition and/or announcement of the winner if needed.
- The right is reserved by The Shot producers to terminate this contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the contest, and/or these rules at any time.
- Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the contest entities (including The Shot, Allegiance Music and all sponsors and partners) from and against any and all third party claims arising out of or resulting from:
a) the entrant’s participation in the contest; or
b) any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations, or agreements granted, made by or entered into by an entrant; or
c) injuries, whether minor, mild or major, sustained on the premises of any events associated with the Entrant’s participation in The Shot.
- Failure to comply with the rules as outlined above may result in disqualification.
By registering for The Shot, Entrants acknowledge they have read and agree to the rules of the competition.